How to Enter: During the Contest Period, log in to or create a Pinterest account, visitwww.pinterest.com/bananarepublic, and "follow" Banana Republic. Creating a Pinterest account is free. Follow the links and instructions on the Anna Karenina Contest board and then create a board titled "Banana Republic Anna Karenina Collection Contest", categorize your board under Women's Apparel or Men's Apparel, and repin at least four (4) images from the Anna Karenina Contest board, one (1) of which must be the contest board cover image, to your "Banana Republic Anna Karenina Collection Contest" board. Include the hashtag #BRAnnaK with each image you pin to your "Banana Republic Anna Karenina Collection Contest" board. Email the link to your "Banana Republic Anna Karenina Collection Contest" board (your "Submission") to email@example.com from your valid email address with the subject line "BR Anna Karenina Contest", and your first and last name, and date of birth in the body of the email. Upon receipt of your email, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. By entering your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Restrictions.
- The Submission must comply with the Pinterest Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: Following the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the three (3) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions to be deemed potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Creativity/Originality (50%); and
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Creativity/Originality, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable potential Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three (3) potential Grand Prize winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email on or around November 21, 2012. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of Contest.
8. Prize: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: A $500 Banana Republic shopping card (terms and conditions apply), and an exclusive Anna Karenina collection inspired sketch from EVP of Design and Creative Director Simon Kneen. Approximate Retail Value: $500.